On the night that Elsa accidentally injured Anna, Agnarr and Iduna brought their daughters to the Valley of the Living Rock to meet with the trolls, who were reputed to have healing abilities. As the royal family headed towards the valley, Kristoff and his reindeer, Sven, followed and were found by Bulda. She grew immediately fond of the pair, and the valley subsequently became their adopted home.
Unlike other locations near Arendelle at the time of Elsa's winter, the Valley of the Living Rock remained unaffected by the weather conditions. The relative warmth provided by the valley proved beneficial for Anna, who was slowly succumbing to the effects of having her heart frozen by Elsa's magic.
The Valley of the Living Rock is a low area located within the Black Mountains. The rocky terrain is dotted with steam vents that are powered by volcanic activity. Vegetation, such as moss, is quite abundant, growing even on the boulders. In the daytime, the trolls are part of their environment, blending in perfectly with the rocks already present in the area. The land near the Black Mountains consists mostly of wooded areas.
- The name of the valley highlights the trolls' ability to transform to and from rocks.
- The valley is also referred to as the "realm of the trolls" and "Troll Valley".
- The valley is accessible from Arendelle by crossing into the territory of the North Mountain.
- ↑ Lee, Jennifer (September 23, 2013). "Frozen Final Shooting Draft", page 6.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Lee, Jennifer (September 23, 2013). "Frozen Final Shooting Draft", page 80.
- ↑ Frozen: The Essential Guide, page 50.
- ↑ Frozen: Padded Classic Book, page 5.
- ↑ Olaf & Sven on Thin Ice, page 146.
- ↑ Olaf & Sven on Thin Ice, page 147.