November 25, 2013
During the song, Olaf is brought to mind about summer. He dreams about the activities he would like to do in summer, naive about what would happen to him.
Kristoff: Really? I'm guessing you don't have much experience with heat.
Olaf: Nope! But sometimes I like to close my eyes and imagine what it'll be like when summer does come.
Bees will buzz
Kids will blow dandelion fuzz
And I'll be doing whatever snow does
A drink in my hand
My snow up against the burning sand
Probably getting gorgeously tanned
I'll finally see a summer breeze
Blow away a winter storm
And find out what happens to solid water
When it gets warm
And I can't wait to see
What my buddies all think of me!
Just imagine how much cooler I'll be
Da da... Da doo
A bah bah ba baba boo
The hot and the cold are both so intense
Put 'em together, it just makes sense!
Rat dadat dadat dadat dadadadadoo
Winter's a good time to stay in and cuddle
But put me in summer and I'll be a —
When life gets rough I like to hold on to my dream
Of relaxing in the summer sun, just lettin' off steam!
Oh the sky will be blue
And you guys'll be there too
When I finally do what frozen things do
Kristoff: I'm gonna tell him.
Anna: Don't you dare!
Olaf: In summer!!!
- There is also an instrumental version of "In Summer".
- A much shorter version of this song was made to promote the "Frozen Party" for Disney's online game Club Penguin.
- The first bee that flies in lands on a flower and starts bobbing its head to the instrumental.
- When Olaf sings the line, "A drink in my hand...", the ice cubes within the glass Olaf is holding are shaped like Olaf himself. A similar thing occurs with a cloud shaped like Olaf.
- Olaf's summer idea would resemble to a deleted scene that the Frozen creators made called "Meet Kristoff 2" where he finds his own summer oasis.